Making a website has become an easier task than ever (sometimes it’s daunting too).
Any regular folk, you or I can make websites irrespective of the level of knowledge one person possesses.
The internet is experiencing a constant state of change in strategies and marketing. Website making has seen an evolutionary change in designing and restyling.
FACT 1: There are on and around 1.5 Billion websites on the internet, out of which 1, 90,741,720 are active websites.
Just like the 70s and 80s era were bright colors, prints and oversized blazers were stylish and then the charm slowly faded, and now in 2019 people are re-styling this retro fashion. This same goes for Web designing. One needs to have a check on present web designing trends but with an eye for future trends.
FACT 2: The first-ever website published on the internet is info.cern.ch on Aug6, 1991.
Want to have your own online presence?
Why not build your own website?
So, buckle up!
And let’s board a flight of website building.
(Website plane mode on)
WEB DESIGN CYCLE: Let’s get started…
STEPS TO CREATE A WEBSITE
- Choose a website host & sign-up
- Get your website domain name (free/paid)
- Add content/data
- Add SEO
- Optimize your web pages
- Preview and test your website
- Ready to launch
1. Choose a website host & sign up–Through this hosting service, you can access your website via the worldwide Web. Depending upon your purpose and type of work, buy the right hosting plan. Choose among shared, virtual, managed, cloud, clustered, etc. web hosting services.
2. Get your website a domain name–Domain name is a URL that identifies a web page. It is the business name in the brick & mortar world, which ensures that you have successfully registered. You should always preferably pick up www.my business.com. You can register your domain name in GoDaddy and Domain.com.
PRO TIP: If the preferred domain name is already taken, then opt for a temporary domain name till your preferred one is available.
(Sometimes it’s good not to compromise)
3. Add contents and add SEO–Create a professional copy with proper headline, meta description, tags and add bullet points to your content. Make sure everything flows logically and accurately.
PRO TIP: Read SEO guide for more information, Use Adobe color for good artwork.
4. Optimize your web pages–‘It takes good planning to organize your website content and designing chaos’.
Research and have a look at your competitors for better content analysis. Once you find perspectives, draft out your business and marketing goals. Use web editors (both free & paid) to eradicate technical and visual errors. As polished design makes a website mobile-friendly.
PRO TIP: Microsoft Expression web for windows.
Blue Griffon for windows, Mac & Linux
Dreamweaver web editor for proper creation & Maintenance of website.
(Web Pages Roadmap for an ‘X’ store/business website)
5. Test your website–It is a very crucial step as it allows you to know, is everything working exactly as it should be? It aids you to understand the dynamics of visitor mechanics like visualization in smartphones.
You must consider website functionality, SEO visibility, website appearance, page load speed and readiness in web designs. To test your website, you need to have a team of superheroes i.e. Editors, Designers, Developers, Digital Marketers & Network administrators.
“Questions to ask yourself during website testing.”
Does it function on desktop & mobile phone screens, or is it responsive?
Does the site load quickly?
Is your site fulfilling a purpose?
Is template & context appropriate?
(And the list goes on & on..)
6. Ready to launch–Once you got the green light signal from the website testing process, hit the publish button and now your website is ready to roll-up and help you get the traffic you intend to have on your website.
7. Promotions & Publicity–Quick and reliable promotion strategies are required to position your website in this everlasting and dynamic market.
You need to test for SERP keyword rankings, PPC set-up, Back-up, Traffic loads, Security and many other technical and non-technical issues that can help you get more visitors to your website.
Sign-up to google console to see site performance and analytics.
STEPS AFTER YOUR WEBSITE IS UP
- Regular updating
- Online positioning
- Analysis of websites
- Digital marketing (email + social media marketing)
POPULAR 3 WAYS TO BUILD-UP A WEBSITE
1. Website Builder
‘Perfect for complete beginners’
Why entangle your life when there are easy options available?
(It’s completely free too!’)
Website Builder provides you with the domain name, hosting, designing, editor, email address, etc. Before you spring to pay plan, they also provide you free website services on a sub-domain. (Yourname/companyname.sitebuildername.com)
The wildly known website builder are:
a) Choose your website builder & select preferable
Basic/Plus/Choice Plus plan.
P.S.: No matter whichever plan you opt for, you can later upgrade or downgrade your plan based on your needs.
b) Create a domain name and sign-up.
c) Pick your templates and assemble contents accordingly.
d) Edit, Preview & test
e) Publish (Ready to go)
|No prior need for technical (coding) knowledge.||Limitations in premium features.|
|Preset design templates and written content availability.||Not appropriate for complicated projects.|
|Security checks and updates are all done by the website builder itself.||Minimal creative freedom.|
2. Content Management Systems (CMS)
They are open-source platform. Content Management Systems (CMS) are considered slightly complicated than website builders but are handy to use. The most substantial & popular CMS is ‘WordPress’ as it is very user-friendly.
FACT 3: The most prominent sites using WordPress are ‘The New York Times, Forbes and Fb blog.
Other than WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Shopify & Typo3 are also other CMS available to build your website. It has an easy set-up (one-click install). One of the best features is the availability of thousands of plugins.
Example–Yoast SEO (help to change search engine setting & SEO Optimization), WPForms, Woo-Commerce.
FACT 4: 32% of all websites are powered by WordPress. However, WordPress has a market share of 60% globally.
a) Buy the right hosting plan.
b) Create domain name
c) Install your WordPress site.
d) Choose a theme from the theme directory.
e) Create content & pages.
f) Install Plugins.
g) Preview & Publish.
|54,000+ Plugins availability.||Need some coding knowledge to use in full potential.|
|Design scalability & flexibility in accessing the whole source code.||Additional cost for plugins and security checks.|
Dependency in templates.
3. By yourself
(For beginners it is a great no! Overwhelming I Suggest)
But before you start, expect a long journey.
a) Plan for the Website’s structure.
b) Pick a domain name.
d) Optimize it for search engines.
e) Inspect & Scrutinize
PRO TIP: Don’t test your website by yourself. It is said that we may be blind to our own mistakes. So, seek for a fresh perspective.
|Ø Unlimited opportunities for programming & designing.||Ø Highly time-consuming.|
|Ø Appropriate for many projects.||Ø No easy access.|
|Ø Maximum versatility & flexibility.||Ø Self-update and management.|
P.S.: If you are stuck anywhere in this process, you can always contact the Spawn Point team for any help.
WHY YOU NEED A WEBSITE EXPERT?
- They have a team of programmers who possess better understandings and command over technicalities.
- Knowledgeable & professional writers for quality content creation for your website.
- User-focused digital marketers who can get you more bright ideas to incorporate in your website.
- Developers with better understandings of update mechanics & key trends of the market.
- Benchmark designers who create the best designs that will look appealing to your website.
2020 is going to be techy ride and the Spawn Point team is already geared up to create refreshing new designs of websites. We work for Gaming, E-commerce, IT, news & magazine industries.
Talk to our experts to grow your business digitally with an amazing website.
If you have any doubt, please free to contact us or comment below.
Hire dedicated web developers
Our expertise and proven track record for web development service inspire our clients to hire developers from us for their projects. With the blend of immersive technology and innovations, we deliver our client’s website using a reactive approach that improves their business.